Founded in May 1953, the Catholic University of Petrópolis was the first higher education institution installed in the city of Petrópolis. It started with the creation of the civil society Faculdades Católicas Petropolitanas, at the initiative of the then Diocesan Bishop Dom Manoel Pedro da Cunha Cintra. The first course offered by the new institution was Law, installed in 1954 on a property in the Retiro neighborhood. In 1956, with the acquisition of the building where, for a long time, one of the most refined hotels in the region operated, the Hotel Orleans, at Rua Barão do Amazonas, the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters was also created and, later, the of Industrial Engineering.
Đọc ít hơn